The Buffalo Bills have won double-digit games in each of the past four seasons, making one Conference Championship bout during that time and playing in arguably the game of the decade against the Chiefs in the 2021 Divisional Round.
The Bills made a few staff changes since last season, but most of their continuity remains.
Buffalo Bills Coaching Staff
- Sean McDermott, Head Coach
- Bobby Babich, Linebackers Coach
- John Butler, Defensive Backs/Passing Game Coordinator
- Joe Danna, Safeties Coach
- Jaylon Finner, Defensive Quality Control
- Al Holcomb, Senior Defensive Assistant
- Eric Washington, Senior Defensive Assistant/Defensive Line Coach
- Marcus West, Assistant Defensive Line
- Ken Dorsey, Offensive Coordinator
- Rob Boras, Tight Ends Coach
- Joe Brady, Quarterbacks Coach
- Austin Gund, Offensive Assistant/Offensive Line
- Adam Henry, Wide Receivers
- Aaron Kromer, Offensive Line Coach
- Marc Lubick, Assistant Quarterbacks Coach/Game Management
- Mike Shula, Senior Offensive Assitant
- Kyle Shurmur, Offensive Quality Control
- Kelly Skupper, Running Backs
- Matthew Smiley, Special Teams Coordinator
- Cory Harkey, Special Teams Assistant
- Eric Ciano, Head Strength and Conditioning
- Will Greenberg, Strength and Conditioning Assistant
- Hal Luther, Strength and Conditioning Assistant
- Nick Lacy, Strength and Conditioning Assistant
- Jason Osvart, Strength and Conditioning Assistant
- Matt Worswick, Director Team Administration
New Changes to Team Coaching Staff in 2023
The most significant change wasn’t the addition of a new staff member but the loss of one and added responsibilities at the top. Leslie Frazier was with the team from 2017 until 2022 as the defensive coordinator.
But at the end of February, the team announced that Frazier was taking a year off from coaching.
MORE: Buffalo Bills 2023 Schedule
It has changed things for McDermott, who will take over as the team’s defensive play-caller.
“Just different assignments for me during practice at times now and not holistically, but from time to time throughout practice,” McDermott said. “I’m in a different position than maybe I was before just because I need to be there.”
Von Miller sounds excited about having McDermott’s voice be consistently present on the defensive side now.
“I like the way he coaches,” Miller said. “It should be great, man. He was always present. He was always giving pointers throughout the whole entire season. So now he’s just full-time in there.”
But there were a few other changes as well. Holcomb and Henry joined the coaching staff. Gund and Shurmur each changed roles within the organization for 2023.
Leave a Reply